Monday, September 29, 2008

Strange Dreams

The strangest thing happened last night. I dreamt I was driving in my old Nissan Sentra with Jason riding shotgun. It was almost twilight and we were driving along a deserted highway. There was sagebrush on the sides of the road and mountains in the distance. It reminded me of a Wyoming-style desert.

Suddenly the check engine light came on and the engine cut out. Jason turned to me and said, "Not again. This always happens in this area." I then had a memory of getting stuck on the same road before.

While I was trying to coast to the side of the road a deer ran in front of us. I tried to swerve but it was too difficult to steer with the car turned off. I was just about to hit the deer head on when I woke up.

It was 5:30 in the morning and still dark outside. The dream had spooked me a bit, so as usual when I have a bad dream, I cuddled up to Jason.

"I just had a bad dream." I whispered.

He was awake and said, "I did too."

"What was yours about?"

"We were almost in a car accident."

"What? That's what I dreamed about too."

"We were about to hit a deer."

"Mine too."

"You were driving and I was in the passenger seat."

"Mine too."

At this point, Jason sounded a bit freaked out. I had goosebumps all over my body even though I had been sweating before I woke up. We discussed the details of our dreams and although there were some differences it was essentially the same dream.

I have had shared dreams before. When I was in first or second grade my sister Jaime and I had the same dreams when we shared a bedroom. I had told this to Jason years ago. So last night I said to him, "I told you Jaime and I used to have the same dreams." To which he replied, "Yeah, but I thought you were making it up. Like you were trying to tell me how close you were or something. I didn't think it really happened."

It was really strange and kind of freaky...but I was satisfied that I could once again say, "I told you so!"

I must be a trying person to live with. Jason has the patience of a saint some days.

1 comment:

Nathan Price said...

Your mind melding power are coming to fruition. Soon you will be ready to rule the world. (Pretty freaky but pretty cool.)